Sunday, June 26, 2011

Creamy Feta Shrimp Scampi

Although I consider myself a foodie, it saddens me to say that I don’t enjoy eating fish too much. Don’t get me wrong, I love fried clams, a good shrimp ceviche and sometimes salmon but that is really the extent of it. However my hubby really loves seafood and since I am the chef of the house, I try to accommodate every request. So I put all feelings aside and gave this creamy feta shrimp scampi recipe a try and let me tell you, it is a keeper! I was really impressed how yummy it was. I hope you enjoy it too!


Creamy Feta Shrimp Scampi
Serves 4
Recipe courtesy of Glamour magazine

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 tsp kosher salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and prepared
2 oz crumbled feta cheese
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used 3 Tbsp)

Directions: Combine butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about one minute. Add the wine, salt and pepper flakes. Simmer the mixture until it is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until almost opaque, 2 minutes. Crumble in feta; add parsley and lemon juice. Simmer, stirring until the cheese melts and the shrimp is cooked through, about one minute. I served with whole wheat spaghetti which I topped with some of the sauce and parsley.

Butter, olive oil with garlic, white wine and red pepper flakes.

Shrimp goes in and 2-3 minutes you have...

yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment